Let me share some not-so-highlights from this past week.
– One morning, as he is was getting out the van, my son announced that he forgot his lunch and/or lunch money. I hand him a half-eaten bag of cheddar cheese ruffles from the van and wish him a good day.
– I stepped on a nail . . I think my last tetanus shot is still good. I actually did ask about this the last time I was in Urgent Care. I think I have about a year still.
– I was 20 minutes late picking kids up from an activity after being on hold with tech support for too long. While I was being transferred to a “senior” tech person, I drove to get the kids. Of course the guy picked up the phone . . while the kids were getting in the car.
– I went to the store to buy milk. Bought junk food. Forgot to buy milk.
– And a handful of other not-so-delightful moments.
Tonight I am thankful the week is ending with a Friday evening at home, with a blanket, and a kitty, relaxing, and watching the Silver Bells parade. The week was long. But the evening is short.